Did you know that women entrepreneurs account for owning almost half of all businesses in the USA?
Today more than ever, more and more women are entering the world of business. A recent study showed that one out of every eleven adult women, is a business owner in the USA. It’s not surprising since many women today are simply breaking free from gender-based stereotypes, or are re-entering the workforce or starting their own business after rearing children. Also women are just naturally wired for juggling family and work and multi-tasking.
In fact, according to research reported by the SBA in May 2016, there are more women entering the business world today, than ever before. Here are some game-changing facts worth noting:
- “Women are entering the ranks of business ownership at record rates. Women are launching a net of more than 1,100 new businesses every single day.”
- “Women-owned businesses comprise 36% of the country’s businesses. They employ more than 8 million workers, 7 percent of the private-sector workforce. They generate more than $1.4 trillion in revenues, contributing 4% of business revenue.”
- “In 2002, there were fewer than 1 million minority women-owned firms. As of 2012, there are nearly 3.8 million firms owned by women of color. Between 2002 and 2012, the number of non-minority women-owned businesses grew by just 9 percent, while the number of minority women-owned businesses overall grew by 315 percent.”
- “Between 2007 and 2012, the number of female veteran-owned businesses increased by 295 percent. Today there are more than 383,000 female veteran-owned businesses in the U.S.”
- In fact 2015 proved to be a historic year in terms of Federal contracting because, “for the first time in history, the Federal Government met the 5 percent women-owned small business (WOSB) goal. In FY15, 5.05 percent or $17.8 billion of all federal small business eligible contracting dollars were awarded to WOSBs.”
These facts are exciting news for women entering the world of business and women looking to take their business to new heights. At WBEC-West we help women entrepreneurs everyday get the certification they need to procure essential contracts and grow their business.
This one step alone can be the game-changer you need to get your business noticed and be an increasingly successful women business entrepreneur. Learn how we can help.